Skip to main content

Community College and Junior Transfers


Welcome to ASSIST.ORG

The official course transfer and articulation system for California’s public colleges and universities. ASSIST.ORG is best used in combination with seeing a counselor on your college campus. It is intended to help students and counselors work together to establish an appropriate path toward transferring from a public California community college to a public California university (CSU or UC).

The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Process

Every year, over 100,000 California community college students transfer to a four-year university (CSU) to earn their bachelor's degree.

STEP 1: Start at a California Community College

Complete your general education requirements and major-specific coursework at a California community college. Keep your grades up. Meet the requirements for your preferred university and major, and submit all application materials on time when ready to transfer.

STEP 2: Transfer to Your Saved Spot

Students who complete 60 semester units of required coursework and meet all admission requirements can receive guaranteed admission into participating four-year colleges.

STEP 3: Earn Your Bachelor's Degree

After you transfer, you will start as a junior at your new university. In most cases, you will be only 60 semester units away from earning your bachelor's degree. You will not be required to repeat courses similar to those you already completed.


Community College & CSU Transfer Resources

Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) for UC Only

Nothing feels better than getting a guaranteed place at UC. Which is exactly what TAG offers, at any one of six UC campuses. Follow the four steps below and secure your UC TAG.

1. Choosing your campus 

Before you apply, figure out where you want to go. Check out our TAG matrix for a full list of the campuses in the program, and their individual requirements.

2. Complete your TAG application 

Use our Transfer Admission Planner to fill out your TAG application. If you have a community college counselor, review it with them. Don’t worry if you don’t—we have our own UC TAG advisors who can help you out. You’ll need to submit by September 30th for the fall term, or May 31st for the winter/spring term. Remember, if you miss the TAG deadline, you can still apply to UC during the regular application period (November 1-30).

3. Fulfill all your requirements

Once your application’s submitted, you’ll need to complete all your remaining coursework, and hit the GPA requirements in your TAG agreement.

4. Submit your UC application

When you’re on track for all of the above, fill out the application for admission to UC. Make sure you submit it between November 1-30.

Sources for the verbiage on this webpage are from, CCCApply and UC websites.